Article in The Toledo Blade
I found this article in the Toledo Blade this morning on the 50th anniversary of the Hungarian uprising against the Soviets. It was an interesting article. Plus, there is a church service in Toledo tomorrow at St. Stephen's Catholic Church in both English and Hungarian. There is also a concert of Hungarian music and poems on November 4th. Thought you'd all enjoy.
http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061022/NEWS08/610220305
2 Comments:
Megan!
It's so interesting that you posted today....I was just getting ready to put up this link:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6074138.stm
for people's perusal, and also mention that there's an art display at the Colorado State Capitol in remembrance of the 1956 revolution....unfortunately, it ended today, before I had a chance to get down there and see it! :(
I'm wearing my ribbons tomorrow!
Great read. There are many Hungarian imigrants around the Clevelad area as well. This led to a lot of cultural events and festivals in honor of the '56 revolution. It's ironc that it's happening in stride with the problems in present-day Budapest. I communicated with Rósín through e-mail and she says the teachers are very worried and nervous about what's going on. I hope it all turns out right.
Post a Comment
<< Home